Small Meetings? Small Towns? Special Challenges!
Is your meeting in a small town? Do you attend a small meeting (2-8 people), no matter the size of your town? Small OA meetings and OA meetings in small towns face special challenges, and many have closed over the years as a result. Help us identify those challenges and potential solutions by sharing your meeting’s story and your ideas for keeping your meeting and others alive and thriving.
The Conference Literature Committee is developing a pamphlet to address your small meeting concerns and solutions, and we need your input. Please send your replies by December 1, 2013 to email@example.com.
Please share with us:
- What is working in your small meeting? Tell us about what is going well. What makes you grateful to be part of this meeting?
- What do you need to keep your small meeting going strong and growing?
- What would you change in your meeting to consistently support recovery?
- What problems have you encountered at a small OA meeting or in a small town?
- Were the problems solved? How?
- Did you ever stop going to a small meeting because of a problem? What happened? What actions could have solved the problem?
- If the meeting folded, why did it close? Was your meeting larger than it is now?
- What could have prevented these outcomes?
“Together we can do what we could never do alone!”