I wrote this letter to myself sometime in the past to help me stop bingeing. I would like to share it with Lifeline.
- Choose life, not food.
- Bingeing – Stop!
- You’re worth more.
- It doesn’t fix me—it makes me unhappy.
- It makes my life unmanageable.
- It messes up my life.
- It takes away my happiness.
- Don’t do it!
- Bingeing takes away from me.
- It steals from me.
- It produces sadness, fatigue and confused thinking.
- If you put rubbish in, you get rubbish out!
- Concentrate on your relationship with manageability, with your feelings.
- If you indulge, it will take away your shine.
- Concentrate on what you’re building; every time you say “no,” you grow stronger and shinier.
- Bingeing and overeating steal from you.
- They take away recovery and replace it with dis-ease.
- Work through the feelings you have now, do your food plan, call your sponsor, read some OA literature, do your morning readings, call a newcomer and pray…
- Work through the sadness and unmanageability, stay focused, get back on track by reaching out, use the OA Fellowship and be honest.
- You are a compulsive overeater.
- Go through the darkness.
- It’s not about weight.
- Realize freedom exists at the end of this difficult time.
- Go to any lengths to not binge or overeat.
- When the madness comes, read this: It gets worse.
- The manageable life God has given you will slip away if you choose food. Choose life!! The cravings will pass.
I can do this, one day at a time. Today I can abstain from compulsive overeating
~ Emma S., England, Lifeline Magazine