Here are some of the things that Sea to Sky intergroup members are grateful for –
I feel grateful for 14+ years of OA abstinence to the best of my ability and sobriety in my life and purpose. Not least, all the wonderful, beautiful people I have met that I wouldn’t have met outside OA.
~ Greta H
Some things I am grateful for:
- Being connected to the God of my understanding so that I don’t have to go it alone.
- Being blessed with an awesome Sponsor that I met at the OA Convention in Bellingham a year ago.
- Being blessed with a beautiful new home in Sardis along with wonderful neighbours and a fantastic handyman.
- For having my disease of food addiction that got me into 12 Step programs.
- For Bill W., Dr. Bob, Dr. Silkworth, and the other AA pioneers that gave me hope for recovery if I am willing to surrender my trigger foods and follow the simple instructions they spelled out in the Big Book.
- I am grateful that there is a weekly OA meeting in our little town. Were it not for this meeting, I would still be in misery.
- I am grateful for technology, for it enables me to listen to other OA’s, from far away, share their experience, strength in hope. It helps so much to my recovery.
- I am grateful to have a great sponsor and sponsee. I feel like I am valuable and needed. I am part of a chain of recovery. I am helped and I try to help
- I am grateful that I live on this beautiful planet. Every day I am surrounded by the beauty of the natural world, and it inspires me to continue to grow, to live strong, and to keep going.
- I am grateful for all of the other OA members who have the courage and the generosity to show up for each other, because now, I no longer feel alone.
~ Marie, Whitehorse
I am grateful for sponsorship, twelve steps, our garden, friendship in fellowship, and having the ability to read and write.
~ AP, Whitehorse
- Being back at work
- Having a doctor that I completely trust
- That I’m growing…and shrinking…at the same time
- That I had someone who believed in me before I knew how to believe in me
- That my heart still works…physically and emotionally
~ BMR, Yukon