THANK YOU to the 71 members who responded to the Intergroup Survey in February! When asked what they thought the most important thing they personally need to do to strengthen recovery, Sea to Sky members said:
- accept I truly have this disease (55%)
- increase my spirituality (50%)
- surrender to program suggestions (42%)
- work / rework the Steps (41%)
- reach out to others, don’t isolate (39%)
Check out the April Newsletter for a more results and information about upcoming spring retreats in our region. Feel free to print extra copies for your meeting or share by e-mail. Submissions for the May newsletter can be sent to email@example.com.
The April Meeting Directory is now available to help you find meetings throughout the month. Note that the Britannia meeting is now located in the Brittania Skating Rink Building-upper level. And, there is a NEW meeting in 100-Mile House! If you have changes/edits to the meeting directory, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of May 6, 2017, there will be two vacancies on the Board of Trustees: that of Region One Trustee and that of Virtual Services Trustee. The Board of Trustees is seeking qualified applicants who are willing to fill these positions. The interactive application and job descriptions can be viewed and completed from the OA Board of Trustees page at oa.org. Completed applications must be received at the World Service Office by Monday, May 15, 2017.
Lifeline wants your story! Email your story to email@example.com with subject “Lifeline.” by April 15, 2017 on one of these topics:
- Let’s Share a Laugh: What’s your funniest OA story? Was there a time in recovery when you had to laugh at yourself or laugh instead of cry? What role does laughter play in recovery?
- Pets and Recovery: How can a pet be a compulsive eater’s best friend in abstinence and recovery and in working the Steps, Traditions, and Tools? Pet photos welcome!
- Why I Keep Coming Back: What do you find in OA that you can’t find anywhere else? What keeps you coming back? Has coming back saved you from relapse or a slip or even saved your life? How do you come back when you don’t feel like it?
Did you know that more than half of OA Sea to Sky members said they were willing to do more service at Intergroup? Here’s your chance! Open positions include archivist, public information coordinator, and 12 Step Within coordinator. Check out the position descriptions and feel free to attend the next Intergroup Meeting on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 10 am (1630 Edinburgh Street in New Westminster). All are welcome.