Face to face meetings in the Lower Mainland
Find a meeting in the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley
- The OAsis Meeting in Burnaby is hosting speaker meetings on an on-going basis, with speakers from around North America in their “wired” meeting room. Plan to join them at 7:30pm on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday each month. They meet at Burnaby Fellowship Centre, 7638 6th Street, Burnaby.
- The Ladner Thursday Thrivers Meeting is hosting a special speaker on Thursday, October 26th. They meet from 1:30 to 2:30 pm at Ladner United Church, 4960 48th Avenue in Ladner. Everyone welcome!
- New meeting! A new East Vancouver meeting has started on Wednesday nights from 7:45pm to 8:45pm at the Brittania Skating Rink Building-upper level (enter and turn left, at the end of that hallway, room to the right
- New Meeting! 100 Mile House is home to our newest meeting! Wednesdays at 7:00 pm at the Health Unit, 555 Cedar Avenue.
After years of struggling with your weight and obsessing about food, you have decided to give Overeaters Anonymous a try. You find an OA meeting in the Lower Mainland. Now what? Check out this information for newcomers, including what to expect at a meeting, youth in OA, a note for Atheists and Agnostics and our Unity in Diversity policy.
Further questions? Need a buddy to meet you at a meeting? Contact us at (604) 878-4575 or email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help. All of us were new at some point, we know what it’s like.
Face to face meetings worldwide
Find a meeting anywhere in the world OA Find-a-meeting database
On-line and Telephone Meetings
Can’t get out to a meeting? Use the find-a-meeting database and find an on-line or telephone meeting
Podcasts and Virtual Workshops
Want to listen to the stories of other OA members? Listen to a podcast or virtual workshop.
Listen to recordings of virtual workshops on a variety of topics, including The Importance of Working All 12 Steps, OA Literature: The Heart and Soul of OA and Our Primary Purpose. Members share their experience, strength, and hope to bring the Twelve-Step program of Overeaters Anonymous to life.
- Our Primary Purpose: Principles of the 12 Steps
- OA Literature: Welcome Back & Members in Relapse
- OA Literature: Sponsoring through the Twelve Steps
- Our Primary Purpose: How to Sponsor
- OA Literature: OA Members Come in All Sizes & Tools of Recovery
- Our Primary Purpose: Sponsorship – How to pick?/Why have one?
- OA Literature: A Common Solution: Diversity and Recovery
2015 Workshop Series
If you need help working the Twelve Steps, check out the “Working All Twelve Steps” podcast series. Each podcast focuses on one of the Twelve Steps.