Face to face meetings in the Lower Mainland
Find a meeting in the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley
Sea to Sky Intergroup – Meeting Directory – November/December, 2018
- The Cloverdale meeting has a special OA podcast listening session included in the third Thursday of each month (7:30 pm at the Cloverdale United Church, 17575-58A Avenue, Surrey).
- The “A Vision for You” meeting on Wednesday nights at the Britannia Community Centre in East Vancouver has male sponsors available! If you know a man who is suffering, spread the message. Also, check out http://www.oamen.org/
- “OA Study Hall” is now in session! Tuesday nights from 7:30pm to 9pm in the big hall at the Alano Club at 176 East 2nd Street, North Vancouver. There’s a short meditation, time to work on your daily OA reading, writing or individual step study, and then time to share on your work. $2 per person for rent. Bring your journal, favourite pen and any OA literature, the Big Book, daily readers, OA workbooks or step study material.
After years of struggling with your weight and obsessing about food, you have decided to give Overeaters Anonymous a try. You find an OA meeting in the Lower Mainland. Now what? Check out this information for newcomers, including what to expect at a meeting, youth in OA, a note for Atheists and Agnostics and our Unity in Diversity policy.
Further questions? Need a buddy to meet you at a meeting? Contact us at (604) 878-4575 or email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help. All of us were new at some point, we know what it’s like.
Face to face meetings worldwide
Find a meeting anywhere in the world OA Find-a-meeting database
On-line and Telephone Meetings
Can’t get out to a meeting? Use the find-a-meeting database and find an on-line or telephone meeting
Podcasts and Virtual Workshops
Want to listen to the stories of other OA members? Listen to a podcast or virtual workshop.
Listen to recordings of virtual workshops on a variety of topics, including The Importance of Working All 12 Steps, OA Literature: The Heart and Soul of OA and Our Primary Purpose. Members share their experience, strength, and hope to bring the Twelve-Step program of Overeaters Anonymous to life.
- Our Primary Purpose: Principles of the 12 Steps
- OA Literature: Welcome Back & Members in Relapse
- OA Literature: Sponsoring through the Twelve Steps
- Our Primary Purpose: How to Sponsor
- OA Literature: OA Members Come in All Sizes & Tools of Recovery
- Our Primary Purpose: Sponsorship – How to pick?/Why have one?
- OA Literature: A Common Solution: Diversity and Recovery
2015 Workshop Series
If you need help working the Twelve Steps, check out the “Working All Twelve Steps” podcast series. Each podcast focuses on one of the Twelve Steps.